Prioritize Your Pet's Health
Prioritize Your Pet's Health with Pre-Boarding Checkups at ZVC
Before entrusting your beloved pet to our care at the ZVC Pet Hotel, we highly recommend a thorough health check. This proactive measure not only ensures the well-being of your furry friend but also contributes to their overall happiness during their stay.
By diligently scheduling wellness checks, even when your pet appears to be in perfect health, you grant our dedicated ZVC veterinary team the opportunity to evaluate their general well-being. These assessments help identify early signs of diseases, including those that are challenging to detect in their initial stages, such as cancers and parasites. Early detection allows for timely intervention, potentially preventing more serious health issues from developing.
Our ZVC veterinary professionals have three key objectives:
1. Early Disease Detection: Identifying early symptoms enables us to initiate treatment before conditions escalate into severe health concerns.
2. Preventive Measures: We assess, review, and implement necessary preventive medical procedures to safeguard your pet and others at our pet hotel from disease transmission.
3. Health Documentation: We diligently document your pet's current health status before they check in.
Several factors determine the frequency of wellness checkups, including your pet's age, physical condition, medical history, exposure to other animals, and their environment. It's crucial to emphasize that wellness checks are particularly mandatory for puppies, kittens, and older dogs, as their immune systems are still developing, making them more susceptible to illnesses compared to their adult counterparts.
To ensure a comprehensive evaluation, our ZVC veterinarians may require some essential medical information about your canine or feline companion, especially if it's their first visit to us. This information includes details about:
· Eating and Drinking Habits
· Recent Travel History
· Current Medications (Names and Doses) for Chronic Diseases
· Past Medical Records, Including Vaccine History
· Tick Bite History
· Food Type and Amount
· Waste Elimination Habits
During your visit, our veterinary team will review your pet's medical history and address any concerns you may have. We'll inquire about their diet, exercise routine, thirst levels, bowel movements, urination patterns, and other aspects of their lifestyle and behavior. In some cases, we may request a fresh sample of your pet's feces for a fecal exam to detect intestinal parasites that are otherwise challenging to identify.
Our veterinarians will perform a thorough physical examination, including:
· Measuring Gait, Stance, and Weight
· Listening to Heart and Lung Sounds
· Checking Eyes for Clarity, Discharge, Tearing, or Redness
· Assessing Overall Mobility and Detecting Signs of Swelling or Pain
· Abdominal Examination to Evaluate Organ Function
· Examination of Nails, Feet, and Ears
· Inspection of Teeth for Decay or Periodontal Disease
· Assessment of Fur, Skin, and Coat Condition
If no issues are detected, the consultation typically proceeds smoothly, and your veterinarian may discuss the findings with you. If concerns arise, your vet will explain their observations and recommend necessary next steps or potential treatments.
During your pet's checkup, we also administer annual vaccinations, anti-flea treatments, and deworming, following your pet's appropriate schedule. In cases where additional diagnostic procedures are urgently needed, we will advise accordingly. Early detection and treatment are generally less costly, invasive, and stressful for your pet than addressing advanced conditions.
Diagnostic tests such as blood count, thyroid hormone testing, urinalysis, and imaging, including X-rays, may be recommended when necessary.
Once your pet has undergone a thorough evaluation and, if needed, diagnostic tests, we will provide you with recommendations for treatment or further diagnostics.
For healthy pets, they will be all set for check-in at our pet hotel. These stringent procedures are designed to protect your pet, as well as other resident pets, from potential infectious diseases.
Choose ZVC for your pet's well-being and trust that they'll receive the best care before their stay at our pet hotel.